Manchester, Greater Manchester
6 maanden geleden
This is an excellent opportunity to join a international molecular diagnostic company who contribute to the development and commercialisation of genetic products and services and partner up with global leaders in DNA technology. They're looking for an individual to provide technical leadership implementing and optimising data analysis processes, algorithms, systems and software to support the design, development, verification and validation of their products and services.
- Provide technical leadership and a high level of bioinformatics and software expertise in development projects.
- Lead the design and execution of studies to refine existing algorithms and to develop novel ones, to convert genomic and other bioinformatic data into actionable clinical information.
- Lead development, verification and validation phases of software applications and tools that implement bioinformatics processing algorithms and pipelines.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation of bioinformatics studies executed and software developed.
- Contribute to support, maintenance and improvement of products, services, and in-house bioinformatics computing resources and associated documentation. Covering hardware, software and also curating and securing of development bioinformatics data.
- BSc/MSc in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Scientific Computing or similar, employing applied mathematics and statistics, algorithm development and software programming
- Extensive experience working in a commercial setting
- Excellent scientific software programming skills in at least 3 languages, such as: Java, C#, C, C++, the R System for Statistical Computing, Python, Matlab, Perl/BioPerl, and UNIX/Linux shell scripting languages.
- Experience of database design and management systems and SQL is advantageous.
- Ability to lead, perform and troubleshoot complex bioinformatic analyses independently and to a high level of quality.
- Experience of applying the fundamental elements and workflow of software development processes to predefined timescales, highly preferably in a commercial environment.
- Direct experience of working with NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) data sets is preferable but not essential.
If this sounds of interest, please reach out to me at 01737 236729 /