1 jaar geleden
The datacenter team is responsible for serving current and future business needs, connecting service platforms and customers to regional data centers across the world (Europe, Asia, USA).
Data centers are designed to guarantee best user experience, high availability, and redundancy.
Increasing agility and operational efficiency are realized with integrated automation. Preparing the future with evolution to software-defined technologies.
Main tasks of the team leader are:
* Strategic direction and operational objectives: defines the strategic direction and goals of the domain according to the company's and department's overall strategy. Translates these into concrete operational objectives and work plans for his/her team.
* Planning and organization: plan, organize and follow up the resources and various activities of his/her team on a short and midterm basis. Monitors & follows up on work progress and quality according to well defined methodologies, workflows and tools and take corrective actions when necessary.
* People management: manages, coaches and motivates his/her team and individuals in order for the team(s) to perform in the most efficient manner. Responsible for drafting the training and career plan for the various team members. Build and expand the relevant expertise within the domain. Typical team size : from 8 to 20 FTE.
* Delivery: Contributes in the successful delivery of standard and non-standard commercial products and business solutions to internal and external customers. Handle complex and escalated issues, solve problems, and trigger and steer/coordinate the required actions with other teams. Ensures operational risks within the domain being appropriately identified, reported, and managed (e.g. performance management of platforms and systems, network capacity planning, etcetera).
* Communication: Ensure efficient and effective communication and networking with other teams and departments within the company or other internal and external stakeholders. Ensure qualitative and quantitative relevant ad hoc and periodic management reporting on the progress of domain activities.
* Budget & Vendor Management: Manages the needed budgets and investments relevant to the domain. Steers the vendor selection and implementation of projects maintains relationships with strategic suppliers, and watches over the companies interests, ensuring the needed results are obtained, deadlines, and budgets are respected.
* Innovation: Support product management teams from incubation to delivery of the final product. Follows, studies and evaluates technology evolution opportunities related to his / her specific domain
*More than 10 years of experience in people management, leading engineering teams.
*Proven experience in engineering (eg design, testing, deployment, optimization, automation)
*Deep and broad experience with datacenter (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers), compute and storage infrastructure projects
*Familiar with automation (eg infrastructure as code, infrastructure as service, CI/CD pipeline), virtualization, containers, cloud solutions, security
*Excellent managerial, organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills
*Passionate about technology & relations between technology and business.
*Fluent in English (written and spoken).
*Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment.
*Strong team player, highly motivated, dedicated and with an outspoken can-do attitude
*Creative and able to find innovative ways to achieve results.
*Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate, to lead and influence, to create a positive impact within its organization.
*Comfortably dealing with ambiguity in a challenging and dynamic environment, maintaining good balance between ongoing activities and new initiatives or demands.