Il y a 10 mois
*Candidate requires security clearance to be eligible*
*WE DO NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS POSITION*
Every functional area, in every industry, is on an AI Journey. The power of machine learning to dramatically improve company key performance indicators is being proven every day. But, although we feel every large organisation is on an AI journey, the path to value is unclear.
There are three key barriers to deploying AI and machine learning at scale:
* Building data pipelines that feed both the development and deployment of machine learning models
* Improving consistency, reducing effort and expanding the ability of data scientists to address the growing range of business problems from prediction to prescription
* Building out the necessary infrastructure to support 100s of machine learning models in production, including the necessary governance and compliance patterns
At Cognizant we are proud to be helping our clients on their journey to AI at scale. We've built practices that bring together the best talent to address these key barriers, and have built unique capability to complement our people:
* Our Adaptive Data Foundation brings together our accelerators, partnerships and consulting approach to help clients solve the increasing demands for data
* Our Evolutionary AI technology and patents is reducing the effort required to develop deep learning and other sophisticated models. It's particularly adept at addressing prescription problems, from marketing to next best action to supply chain
* Our architecture frameworks help clients navigate technology choices throughout the AI process. As well as building capability in close collaboration with the leading cloud providers, we are working with startups that address the critical engineering challenges that machine learning brings
Client demand has meant that we are growing these practices at an unprecedented rate. We are looking for people that can bring existing strengths in data engineering and data science but we want to hire people that share our vision and want to grow their own skills across the problem space.
Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organisations? Do you enjoy providing solutions to complex business problems for opportunities requiring in depth knowledge of organisational objectives? Would you like to be part of the digital team and a major contributor on large deals which will have a real impact on the company's success?
Come and join our team in London as a Data Engineer and be part of our exciting growth.
We offer you an environment where everyone's opinion matters, ideas are openly shared, where change is the norm and where you will work with some of the fastest moving, well recognised brands in the world.
Who are we?
The IMS is a Technology Practice within Cognizant's AI & Analytics organisation. We support Cognizant engagements across all client industry verticals.
Our unique team engages with senior customer stakeholders, to translate strategy and vision into digital journeys, across modern technology estates, specialising in data engagements.
What will you do?
We are looking for enthusiastic Data Engineers with 3-10 years of expertise in the Data Engineering space with eagerness to learn and deliver large complex Digital Transformation programmes across UK & Ireland. As a Data Engineer you will have worked on Data Integration into Cloud Data Warehouses or Data Lakes, programming, APIs, etc. in an Agile environment.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems
* Document source-to-target mappings
* Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
* Support the build of data streaming systems
* Write ETL scripts and code to make sure the ETL process performs optimally
* Develop business intelligence reports that can be re-used
* Build accessible data for analysis
* optimise the code to ensure processes perform optimally
* lead work on database management
* Identify and analyse user requirements
* Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
* Develop new applications
* Write well-designed, efficient code
* Review, test and debug team members' code
* Ensure our applications are secure and up-to-date
What experience are we looking for?
* Communication skills (data).
* ESB exposure
* Data analysis and synthesis.
* Data development process.
* Data innovation.
* Data integration design.
* Data modelling.
* Data virtualisation.
* Metadata management.
* Problem resolution (data)
* Programming and build (data engineering).
* Technical understanding (data engineering).
* Good time management skills
* Problem-solving abilities
* Ability to self-learn / cross train on the skills required for HMRC
Expertise or exposure to the following skillset
AWS Cloud, ETL, Talend, Pentaho PDI, Cloudera Hadoop, Denodo, SQL, AWS Redshift, GitLab, Java backend development
Nice to Have
Kafka, Bash scripting, Spark / Java Elastic Search, Git Runner, Ansible, Artifactory, Linux, Berlin scheduler, CRON, Kibana, Sensu ,Grafana, Confluence/ Jira, Service Now, Pentaho Reporting, Power BI, Oracle RDS, Business Objects
Why should you apply?
For top talent we offer a highly competitive salary and a number of other benefits:
* Bonus programme
* Medical and dental care
* Life Insurance
* Childcare Vouchers
* Pension scheme
* Friendly work culture
* Excellent growth and advancement opportunities