10 maanden geleden
As part of the roll-out of the fibre-optic network for customers, it is essential to have a high-performance and cost-efficient network. This network is designed with the latest applications, which enable us to design such optimised networks in a limited amount of time. This automated way of working offers many possibilities to further optimise all network designs.
Job content :
You will work within a small department on the automation of network designs. For this, software is used from a supplier which we constantly adapt and optimise in an iterative way together with that supplier.
Your tasks consist of creating and checking network designs, constantly evolving the tools used and optimising the input data used.
- You ensure that the necessary input data is available to create the designs. This data can come from different sources; e.g. GRB, URBIS, databases, street survey data, ...
- You monitor the data quality of this input that is needed to make the design routines work.
- You know the design rules applied in the routines
- You check the calculated designs
You use tools and algorithms that are used within geographic design tools (typically GIS applications, e.g. QGIS).
In addition to the design function, you play an important role in constantly optimising the tools used. This can be by formulating process improvements yourself, and discussing them with the various actors in the process, or by optimising the ecosystem in which the work is carried out. These can be adaptations to IT applications and/or architecture, proposing automations, adding intelligence (e.g. by developing modules yourself), etc.
* Master's degree
* At least 3 years experience with GIS tools (QGIS, ArcGIS, ...)
* At least 3 years of experience with programming in a GIS environment (Python, FME)
* Experience with processing large amounts of data (big data) and in monitoring data quality within such an environment
* Knowledge of how to set up a network (fibre optic/copper) or experience within the telco world is a plus.
Other competencies :
- You work accurately, you have an eye for detail
- You have a strong analytical mind, solving complex problems does not scare you off
- You have good spatial awareness and affinity with geo-matter.
- You are communicative, you can give presentations, present designs
- You like working in a team
- Good knowledge of Dutch, French and English