£75000 - £85000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
3 maanden geleden
Will Wait notice
As a Senior Data Scientist you will lead project teams that deliver bespoke algorithms to our clients. You will be responsible for conceiving the data science approach, for designing the associated software architecture, and for ensuring that best practices are followed throughout. You will directly contribute to the code base of the project with a specific focus on the components that are difficult or require experience to implement.
You will help our excellent commercial team build strong relationships with clients, shaping the direction of both current and future projects. Particularly in the initial stages of commercial engagements, you will guide the process of defining the scope of projects to come with an emphasis on technical feasibility. We consider this work as fundamental towards ensuring that Faculty can continue to deliver high-quality software within the allocated timeframes.
You will play an important role in the development of others at the client by acting as the designated mentor of a small number of data scientists, and by supporting the professional growth of data scientists on the project team. The latter includes giving targeted support where needed, and providing step-up opportunities where helpful.
Skills and Experience required:
* Mid to Senior experience in either a professional data science position or a quantitative academic field
* Strong programming skills as evidenced by earlier work in data science or software engineering. Although your programming language of choice (e.g. R, MATLAB or C) is not important, we do require the ability to become a fluent Python programmer in a short timeframe
* An excellent command of the basic libraries for data science (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn) and familiarity with a deep-learning framework (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe)
* A solid grasp of essentially all of the standard data science techniques, for example, supervised/unsupervised machine learning, model cross validation, Bayesian inference, time-series analysis, simple NLP, effective SQL database querying, or using/writing simple APIs for models. We regard the ability to develop new algorithms when an innovative solution is needed as a fundamental skill
* Some commercial experience, particularly if this involved client-facing work or project management; eagerness to work alongside clients; business awareness and an ability to gauge the commercial value of projects; outstanding written and verbal communication skills; persuasiveness when presenting to a large or important audience
Benefits include unlimited holidays, Private Health and Dental, Working from home and flexible working options - and many more