£60000 - £80000 per annum + depending on experience, plus benefits
1 jaar geleden
The role reports to Global Medical Affairs Director, will oversee UK and support Distribution Partners in Global Regions.
External: Key opinion leaders, HCPs, patient advocacy groups, regional policy makers, global distribution partners.
Areas of Responsibility and tasks:
Medical leadership and strategic planning:
* Communicates key medical insights from KOLs/HCPs from assigned regions to inform refinement of medical strategies or tactics;
* Provide scientific input and participate in country level medical and cross-functional initiatives;
* Provide field-based medical support to company medical and clinical research programs, registries, and facilitation of the investigator-initiated research process
* Conduct therapeutic training for Sales and other colleagues upon request
* Present clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences (KOLs, HCPs, hospital/decision making teams, etc.) upon requests and/or according to country medical plans
* Compile written scientific material, such as scientific or thematic summaries for dissemination
* Support data dissemination at congresses according to plans
KOL Engagement: 60% of time:
* Serve as a liaison between Investigators, conducting trials, healthcare practitioners (HCPs) and Company medical Med affairs
* Facilitate 1:1 and group scientific interactions with healthcare professionals
* Participate in KOL engagement planning
* Develop and maintain KOL plans and update medical customer relationship management system in a timely, accurate, and compliant manner.
* Develop/increase knowledge of medical literature and critical appraisal of scientific publications.
* Maintaining personal expertise in MSL best practices.
* Develop and update knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical guidelines and regulations. Code of Ethical Practices and company policies
* Gain customer insights, opinions and feedback and share internally.
Internal and External Contacts
* Internal Collaboration: Country and HQ level - Global Medical Affairs, R&D, Commercial, Compliance, Legal, HR
* External: Key opinion leaders, HCPs, patient advocacy groups, regional policy makers, distribution partners.
To be successful in this position candidate should possess following attributes:
* Ability to establish credible and long-lasting professional relationships and has personal impact through engaging respectfully and professionally
* Ability to exchange scientific ideas and information effectively with KOLs and other HCPs;
* Ability to manage challenging conversations and handle objections
* Effective listening skills
* Ability to work effectively in virtual teams
* Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
* Positive attitude: has a winning attitude and demonstrates a commitment to goals and to MSL team with a positive approach to problems
* Experience in appropriate identification, assessment, and development of relationships with KOLs
* Experience in development of individual activity plan overseen by Line Manager
* Appropriate assessment and allocation of available resources
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
* An advanced degree in life sciences (PharmD or PHD, Biomedical analyst or scientist or equivalent qualification) required
* Previous experience of minimum 3 years from Medical or Clinical affairs department, i.e. MSL, Medical Manager, Clinical lead) etc.
* Demonstrative therapeutic experience/research from Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/anesthesia care/pain/CNS or substantive patient care experience in ICU
* Has an established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession
* Demonstration of expertise in key skills, capabilities and competencies
Other Job Requirements
* Frequent travel is required. Availability to travel up to 70% of time (Nationally and occasionally Internationally
* Clean and valid driver's license