9 maanden geleden
In one of the product teams we are looking for a candidate to complement the team, who brings the right experience and has the drive to go through an accelerated, on the job learning path. In this role of Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), we expect the candidate to balance time between an active participation in service operation team and working on improvements on the day-to-day routine activities, our tools and the use of big-data to optimize operations.
With oversight from more senior staff, you will be in the front line to manage the service and keep availability and security to the highest standards. In collaboration with the product teams and with other SRE's you will propose and work on improvements on how we can optimize and improve the way we operate and support our products. This will include reduction of manual effort through automation, optimize abilities of tools and use big-data to pro-active detect anomalies before it affects our service. We operate in a 24/7 financial world, which means the role can include weekend hours.
* Be part of a team of product specialists managing the critical services.
* Participate in day-to-day monitoring and control activities, problem management and change implementation.
* Identify problems and use procedures and documentation for the best actions, and participate in the mitigation or resolution.
* Implement changes in order to enhance products, or to mitigate problems on our products or underlying infrastructure.
* Identify and automate repetitive and manual tasks in the day to day service operations.
* Optimize tools and identify opportunities to use big-data to pro-active detect anomalies before it affects our service.
* Work with other SRE's to standardize product monitoring dashboards and identify opportunities for synergy between those products.
* Collaborate with other departments like network services, software systems engineering and development teams to restore availability of services and identify and correct problems.
* Maintain and improve procedures, processes and documentation relevant to the supported products.
* Continue to keep up to date on technical and product changes, and new requirements to monitor and support the products and applications.
* Bachelor Degree in IT / Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Proven experience with HP-UNIX / Linux.
* Proven experience with big-data analyses tools like Kibana and ElasticSearch.
* Experience with Oracle or other DB Platforms.
* Experience with automation/scripting to optimize operational product management.
* Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
* Analytical and methodical in problem investigations and approach.