4 maanden geleden
our client delivers best-in-class international wholesale solutions to any communication service provider worldwide. Through its Mosaic portfolio, a comprehensive, flexible and innovative suite of solutions designed to be used individually, or collectively, our client meets the existing and future requirements of the global telecoms industry.
our clients' headquarter is located in Brussels with regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York and Singapore. We also have a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Cape Town, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto. Our team continuously strives to provide our customers with the highest levels of quality, reliability and interoperability enabling them to maximise their end-user value.
With our successful consolidation strategy, and a continuing focus on technological advancement and innovation, we have achieved a world-leading position in the international Voice and Mobile Data markets.
You will lead engineering team responsible for the datacenter infrastructure of the client. Reporting to head of Network Engineering.
The datacenter team is responsible for serving current and future business needs, connecting service platforms and customers to regional data centers across the world (Europe, Asia, USA).
Data centers are designed to guarentee best user experience, high availability and redundancy.
Increasing agility and operational efficiency is realised with integrated automation. Preparing the future with evolution to software defined technologies.
Main tasks of the teamleader are:
* Strategic direction and operational objectives: defines the strategic direction and goals of the domain according to the company's and departments overall strategy. Translates these into concrete operational objectives and work plans for his/her team.
* Planning and organization: plan, organize and follow up the resources and various activities of his/her team on short and midterm basis. Monitors & follows up on work progress and quality according to well defined methodologies, workflows and tools and take corrective actions when necessary.
* People management: manages, coaches and motivates his/her team and individuals in order for the team(s) to perform in the most efficient manner. Responsible for drafting the training and career plan for the various team members. Build and expand the relevant expertise within the domain. Typical team size : from 8 to 20 FTE.
* Delivery: Contributes in the successful delivery of standard and non-standard commercial products and business solutions to internal and external customers. Handle complex and escalated issues, solve problems and trigger and steer/coordinate the required actions with other teams. Ensures operational risks within the domain being appropriately identified, reported and managed (e.g. performance management of platforms and systems, network capacity planning, etcetera).
* Communication: Ensure efficient and effective communication and networking with other teams and departments within our clients or other internal and external stakeholders. Ensure qualitative and quantitative relevant ad hoc and periodic management reporting on progress of domain activities.
* Budget & Vendor Management: Manages the needed budgets and investments relevant to the domain. Steers the vendor selection and implementation of projects, maintains relationships with strategic suppliers and watches over our clients interests, ensuring the needed results are obtained, deadlines and budgets are respected.
* Innovation: Support product management teams from incubation to delivery of the final product. Follows, studies and evaluates technology evolution opportunities related to his / her specific domain
*More than 10 years of experience in people management, leading engineering teams.
*Proven experience in engineering (eg design, testing, deployment, optimisation, automation)
*Deep and broad experience with datacenter (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers), compute and storage infrastructure projects
*Familiar with automation (eg infrastructure as code, infrastructure as service, CI/CD pipeline), virtualisation, containers, cloud solutions, security
*Excellent managerial, organisational, analytic and problem solving skills
*Passionate about technology & relations between technology and business.
*Fluent in English (written and spoken).
*Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment.
*Strong team player, highly motivated, dedicated and with outspoken can do attitude
*Creative and able to find innovative ways to achieve results.
*Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate, to lead and influence, to create a positive impact within its organization.
*Comfortably dealing with ambiguity in challenging and dynamic environment, maintaining good balance between ongoing activities and new initiatives or demands.