6 maanden geleden
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a talented software engineer for web with to join a skilled and self-organised digital development team in charge of highly performance web applications.
This specific role will help the team to take the multi-brand CMS Platform to the next level, improving architecture, create and deliver new features, enhancements.
To be successful you must have strong server and client side skills, deep knowledge of web standards and developing as well as experience in collaborating on complex software projects.
You would be joining a small, nimble team that uses the most adequate design patterns and available technologies. Backed by a strong company engineering culture, teams and individuals are encouraged to identify the value and long-term benefits of established standards and to continue to evolve them to deliver mature solutions that are service orientated, modular, highly scalable, easily testable and maintainable.
As an ideal candidate, you are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively; you are a relentless learner and are eager to thrive in a demanding but energising environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
* Evolve and maintain the current CMS Platform developed in Ruby on Rails to a scalable and flexible multi-brand system
* Write code with focus on usability, simplicity, performance and scalability. We have a global footprint.
* Participate in the full development cycle, from innovation to code-reviews to delivery to production.
* Create and maintain quality software using best practices in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
* Deliver on business functionality for a rapidly evolving product, balancing speed and performance with consistency.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
* Mid to senior-level software development experience for web.
* Expert in MVC web technologies and RESTful APIs.
* Strong experience with at least one of the dominating scripting languages for web - Ruby, PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJs. We love and use Ruby a lot.
* Practical understanding of data structures and design patterns.
* Experience with developing api services for complex domains.
* Passionate about web development - you are familiar with all aspects of MVC web applications and at ease on server side, applying the most adequate pattern in the right situation.
* Comfortable working across the full stack and understanding how all the pieces fit together (front-end, middle ware, back end, network, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application * Experience with performance tuning and optimisation
* Good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
* Up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies in web development.
* Hands on, passionate, persistent, creative and humble. You get things done.