Up to £45000.00 per annum
3 maanden geleden
As a Software Engineer in Test you are a first-class citizen on the development team and part of the 'whole team' supporting customers, business stakeholders, developers and other team members. Your focus is on team goals and customer value, providing safety nets to the team every time a change is pushed across environments.
You look at the big picture and provide a balance against developer focus on technical implementation, using agile test matrix as a guide.
Your test tasks and stories are planned and executed manually, documented and updated constantly to be reused in the future. You are generally a thoughtful, analytical problem-solver that can add a unique perspective to the team in terms of identifying potential roadblocks and dependencies early in the process.
You are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energising environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
You will be responsible for testing the web site of the company in all the different variants and locales and brands, focusing on the end user experience and not so much on APIs. Daily routines include manual testing, writing, extending, maintaining and running test plans. You will work with product, development and business teams to identify appropriate test coverage during feature, integration and regression stages. You're quick to perform impact assessment on proposed changes to ensure that all dependencies, issues and risk have been correctly identified and are proactively monitored and managed.
PERSON SPECIFICATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Strong and proven experience with manual testing.
* Solid at designing tests suits for new features.
* Experienced reporting bugs and defects.
* Demonstrated experience of applying and understanding software testing fundamentals.
* Be adaptable to changing product specifications, priorities, and schedules.
* A good communicator - you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff.
* A keen learner - you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies.
* You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble. You get things done.
* Ideally, as a plus, you know automation concepts and have some practice with cypress.